The Perfect Pulled Pork Sliders
Treat the family this Mother's Day with our juicy pulled pork sliders!
You'll earn some serious brownie points with this one.
For the pork:
1kg Boston butt pork roast
1.5 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1.5 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon celery salt
1.5 teaspoon mustard powder
Salt to taste
16 slider rolls, split and toasted
Coleslaw for garnish
For the sauce:
1.5 cups apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Fresno chilli, halved lengthwise (remove seeds for less heat)
2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 100 degrees.
2. Set the pork on a cutting board and score the fat in a crosshatch pattern, making the cuts about 3/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart.
3. Make the rub: Combine the pimenton, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, celery salt, mustard
powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Massage it into the meat.
4. Place the pork in a roasting pan and pour the beer into the pan. Cover with foil and roast 3 hours.
Check it periodically to make sure everything is going along just fine, and turn the roast over every hour.
5. Remove the foil and continue roasting until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 80 degrees,
about 1 1/2 more hours. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 30 minutes.
6. Sometime during the cooking time, make the sauce. Combine the vinegar, garlic, chile, brown sugar, tomato paste, dijon mustard
and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Taste it to make sure it is delicious; set aside. Remove the chile.
7. Pull the pork into long shreds using 2 forks. Get rid of the fat and anything else that doesn't look delicious.
Toss the pork with any residual pan juices and add salt to taste.
8. Serve the pork on slider rolls with a drizzle of sauce; top with coleslaw.